What sounds more refreshing than a tall glass of iced tea on a hot summer day? June is the perfect time to sit on the front porch and visit with the special people in your life. Make a date to invite a family member, neighbor, acquaintance or long-time friend to join you on the porch for an afternoon treat!
Here are a few tips to make your guests feel right at home:
* Sweep your front porch and add a cushion or pillow to your swing or chairs. Select a potted flower to grace your seating area—red geraniums make a beautiful statement.
* Make a pitcher of tea ahead of time, or try the Spice Tea recipe in Southern Seasons cookbook (pg. 106).
* If you have family members stop in frequently, here’s a time saver. Mix up a batch of your favorite cookie dough, divide it in half, and cover in plastic wrap to refrigerate. It’s nice to have a treat fresh from the oven when guests arrive. You could also try the Nutty Dipped Crackers recipe from the Southern Seasons cookbook as a no-bake treat (pg. 107).
* Try keeping a variety of fruit on hand. Sliced citrus fruit or berries are lovely and taste wonderful in a glass of sweet tea!
* Thinking of you: Whenever you spend time with someone, it’s nice to take note of their preferences. Using a serving tray or cup in their favorite color, slicing their favorite fruit to flavor a pitcher of iced tea, or serving a treat you know they enjoy—each one of these things speaks to them that they are loved. Let’s take time to love on the people in our lives this month and serve them a refreshing glass of iced tea!
What's your favorite kind of iced tea?